Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is central to our mission to provide a nurturing and professional environment for the advancement of sculptors. As an arts institution, we need to encourage cultural consciousness in the field. At The Sculpture Center, we’re working to improve the inclusion of historically underrepresented individuals based on race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, belief, and socio-economic status.
As part of our commitment, we actively seek individuals of varied demographics to:
- Ensure the inclusion of diverse artists as a part of our ecosystem to provide resources to support sculptors along their journey, which include creation, exhibition, mentorship, conversation and engagement, and development and support.
- Ensure the board, staff, and exhibiting artists reflect the diversity of our community.
- Ensure the equality of payment structures within the organization and the artists with whom we work.
- Engage dialogue with a diverse community as it relates to our exhibitions, outreach, and educational programming.
- Provide audiences with equal access to a full, vibrant creative life and the important benefits that result.