SCULPTUREX SYMPOSIUM #3: THE STATE OF EXPANDED MEDIA
This program includes a keynote talk by Mel Chin, Sculpture Speed Dating featuring MFA work, and afternoon panels with:
– Dan Tranberg of Cleveland Institute of Art
– Reto Thuring, Assistant Curator of Contemporary Art, Cleveland Museum of Art,
– Sarah Paul of T.I.M.E.-Digital Arts at the Cleveland Institute of Art,
– David Norr of the Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland,
– Lisa Austin of Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, and more.
If you are coming on Friday, a tour of the just opened MOCA Cleveland is available. Free and open to the public.
This symposium, a program of SculptureX.org, is generously sponsored by the Cleveland Institute of Art; The Cleveland Museum of Art, David Franklin, Director, The Sarah S. and Alexander M. Cutler Chair; The Contemporary Art Society of the Cleveland Museum of Art; Edinboro University Provost and Vice-President for Academic Affairs, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, Art Department, and Art Department Graduate Committee; the School of Art at Kent State; and The Sculpture Center, with public funding from the Ohio Arts Council and Cuyahoga Arts and Culture.